Watia Adventures (Grades 7-10)
Get excited for our new teen trip program for summer 2022!
Watia Adventures offers campers a great opportunity to experience wilderness treks, expand their comfort zones, and grow in vital leadership skills.
Our 2022 trips include:
- Whitewater rafting on the Ocoee River
- Paddleboarding on Lake Ocoee
- Zipline canopy tour
- Hiking and exploring in Joyce Kilmer National Forest
- Tent camping in two beautiful locations
Campers will live and work as a strong team to set up and manage camp, handle daily cooking and cleaning duties, and take on other camping responsibilities.
Our exceptional trip leaders are Camp Watia staff who have earned the proper American Camping Association safety standard certifications for leading trips off-site, including Wilderness First Responder. Campsites have been selected for their safety, location, and access to bathrooms/showers.
Sample trip schedule:
- Sunday: Arrive at Camp Watia, prepare for the trip, get training
- Monday: Depart camp, set up the campsite, go whitewater rafting
- Tuesday: Take zip line canopy tour and go paddleboarding
- Wednesday: Depart for Joyce Kilmer, set up the campsite, go exploring
- Thursday: Hike and explore in Joyce Kilmer National Forest
- Friday: Pack up camp and depart for Camp Watia
Contact Shannon Raab if you have any questions regarding our Watia Adventures programming.
- Watia Adventures A: July 17 - July 22
- Watia Adventures B: July 24 - July 29
Cost per session: $875
Have questions about Watia Adventures? Schedule a call with one of our directors to learn more and get your questions answered.