Watia Adventures (Grades 7-10)
Get excited for our new teen trip program for summer 2021!
Watia Adventures offers campers a great opportunity to experience wilderness treks, expand their comfort zones, and grow in vital leadership skills.
Our 2021 trips include:
- Whitewater rafting on the Ocoee River
- Paddleboarding on Lake Ocoee
- Zip line canopy tour
- Hiking and exploring in Joyce Kilmer National Forest
- Tent camping in two beautiful locations
Campers will live and work as a strong team to set up and manage camp, handle daily cooking and cleaning duties, and take on other camping responsibilities.
Our exceptional trip leaders are Camp Watia staff who have earned the proper American Camping Association safety standard certifications for leading trips off site, including Wilderness First Responder. Campsites have been selected for their safety, location, and access to bathrooms/showers.
Sample trip schedule:
- Sunday: Arrive at Camp Watia, prepare for trip, get training
- Monday: Depart camp, set up campsite, go whitewater rafting
- Tuesday: Take zip line canopy tour and go paddleboarding
- Wednesday: Depart for Joyce Kilmer, set up campsite, go exploring
- Thursday: Hike and explore in Joyce Kilmer National Forest
- Friday: Pack up camp and depart for Camp Watia
Contact Shannon Raab if you have any questions regarding our Watia Adventures programming.
- Watia Adventures A: June 27-July 2
- Watia Adventures B: August 1-August 6
Cost per session:
- Campers rolling over from 2020: $825
- 8/1/2020-Summer 2021: $875