A camper’s first overnight camp experience can be filled with a wide variety of emotions. Both you and your child might feel anxious at the thought of being away from home for the first time or be filled with excitement not knowing what the week will hold.
At YMCA Camp Watia we thrive on making sure that your child has an incredible experience. Our goals are to:
- Teach your camper lifelong skills
- Challenge them in a positive and supportive environment
- Help them expand their comfort zones
- Create long-lasting friendships and unforgettable memories
We’re here to help make this the best summer ever for both parents and campers.
Information for parents and campers
More details on how to make the most of your Camp Watia experience.
Watia quick facts
- Founded in 2016
- Cabins have 10-14 campers and at least 2 staff
- No more than a 1:7 staff-to-camper ratio
- Sessions begin on Sunday and end on Friday
- We serve campers 7-16 years old for traditional camp
- Rising 11th graders can do our two-week Leaders in Training program
- Counselors in Training are age 17 or rising 12th graders
- Cabin counselors are at least 18 and are high school graduates
- Junior cabin counselors are age 17 and must have successfully completed our CIT program
- We average 110 campers per session with a maximum capacity of 120