JOIN OUR TEAM
YMCA Camp Watia is more than just a summer camp. We are a home to a lucky few, and home away from home for many more.
You will have an opportunity to see children flourish under your care… to see yourself grow in such a short period of time … this is the profound change that so many staff members experience. Friendships develop between staff here that can last a lifetime. Our staff members come from various local universities as well as out of state and as far as Australia and Europe. Working at camp can truly be life changing!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE...
- who support the YMCA mission
- who embody the four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, & Responsibility
- who can be positive role models to their campers and fellow staff members
- who have a genuine love for positively affecting the world around them
- who are kind, patient, and have a great sense of humor
- who have a love for the outdoors and are happy to share that with children
- All staff are expected to model the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and to commit themselves to strengthening themselves and others in spirit, mind, and body.
- We require a sincere interest in youth and the ability to work with others in a group effort.
- Dates of employment are late May through mid August depending on position.
- CPR and First Aid certifications are required for all positions. We offer training if you have not already been trained.
- All jobs require applicants to be of college age unless otherwise stated.
Contract Dates: May 24- August 14
- Boy's Village Director
- Girl's Village Director
- Teen Leadership Director
- Waterfront Director
- Adventure Director
Program Support Positions
Contract Dates: May 28- August 14
- Waterfront Lifeguard
- Art Specialist
- Media Specialist
- Logistics Specialist
Contract Dates: May 28 or June 2- August 14
- Cabin Counselor
- Adventure Cabin Counselor
- Lifeguard Cabin Counselor (must have current Lifeguard Certification)
Check out what a day in the life of a staff member looks like!
- Return staff applications available October 1st.
- New staff applications available November 1st.
Interviews are conducted based on qualified applicants. Positions are filled first come first serve with qualified applicants completing the application and interview process.
Our support staff are key to camp's success each summer and help ensure our campers are well fed and live in a safe and clean environment. Seasonal contracts vary based on position but can start as early as April and end in September.
- Food Service Staff
- Housekeeping & Maintenance Staff
Applications Available October 1st.
Interviews are conducted based on qualified applicants. Positions are filled first come first serve with qualified applicants completing the application and interview process