JOIN OUR TEAM
YMCA Camp Watia is more than just a summer camp. We are a home to a lucky few and a home away from home for many more.
You will have an opportunity to see children flourish under your care… to see yourself grow in such a short period of time … this is the profound change that so many staff members experience. Friendships develop between staff here that can last a lifetime. Our staff members come from various local universities as well as out of state and as far as Australia and Europe. Working at camp can truly be life-changing!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE...
- who support the YMCA mission
- who embody the four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, & Responsibility
- who can be positive role models to their campers and fellow staff members
- who have a genuine love for positively affecting the world around them
- who are kind, patient, and have a great sense of humor
- who have a love for the outdoors and are happy to share that with children
- All staff are expected to model the values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and to commit themselves to strengthen themselves and others in spirit, mind, and body.
- We require a sincere interest in youth and the ability to work with others in a group effort.
- Dates of employment are late May through mid-August depending on the position.
- CPR and First Aid certifications are required for all positions. We offer training if you have not already been trained.
- All jobs require applicants to be of college-age unless otherwise stated.
"Camp becomes a part of you no matter where you end up. I find myself singing silly camp songs when I’m bored, reminiscing on cabin magics with my kiddos, thinking about how I should’ve won camp clue, and much more. Altogether, when you leave camp, it doesn’t leave you; it impacts you in ways you’ll never forget.”
- Former cabin counselor
Program Support Positions
Contract Dates: May 28- August 14
- Waterfront Lifeguard
Contract Dates: May 28 or June 2- August 14
- Cabin Counselor
- Adventure Cabin Counselor
- Lifeguard Cabin Counselor (must have current Lifeguard Certification)
Check out what a day in the life of a staff member looks like!
Interviews are conducted based on qualified applicants. Positions are filled first come first serve with qualified applicants completing the application and interview process.
Our support staff are key to camp's success each summer and help ensure our campers are well fed and live in a safe and clean environment. Seasonal contracts vary based on position but can start as early as April and end in September.
Interviews are conducted based on qualified applicants. Positions are filled first come first serve with qualified applicants completing the application and interview process