JOIN OUR TEAM
YMCA Camp Watia is more than just a summer camp. We are a home to a lucky few, and home away from home for many more.
You will have an opportunity to see children flourish under your care… to see yourself grow in such a short period of time … this is the profound change that so many staff members experience. Friendships develop between staff here that can last a lifetime. Our staff members come from various local universities as well as out of state and as far as Australia and Europe. Working at camp can truly be life changing!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE...
- who support the YMCA mission
- who embody the four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, & Responsibility
- who can be positive role models to their campers and fellow staff members
- who have a genuine love for positively affecting the world around them
- who are kind, patient, and have a great sense of humor
- who have a love for the outdoors and are happy to share that with children
Program staff requirements:
- must be 18+ years old or have graduated high school and hold a current certification in CPR and First Aid (by May 15th)
- must be available the following dates: May 27 - August 9, 2020
Program Leadership/Supervisory Positions:
- Program Coordinator
Program Positions (out of cabin):
- Adventure Specialist
- Waterfront Lifeguard (must have current Lifeguard Certification)
Program Positions (in cabin):
- General Cabin Counselor
- Adventure Counselor
- Lifeguard Cabin Counselor (must have current Lifeguard Certification)
Our support staff are key to camp's success each summer and help ensure our campers are well fed and live in a safe and clean environment. Seasonal contracts vary based on position but can start as early as April and end in September.
- Food Service Director
- Food Service Staff
- Housekeeping & Maintenance Staff
For more information, please contact Shannon Raab at 828-209-9600 or by email at [email protected]